World Stroke Day – Reduce your risk, act F.A.S.T and get the rehabilitation you need
29th October 2020 is World Stroke Day.
Did you know that:
- Every year more than 100,000 people in the UK have a stroke – that’s one person every five minutes.
- By 2035 the rate of first-time strokes will have increased by 59% and the number of stroke survivors will rise by 123%
- One in four stroke survivors will experience another stroke within five years.
#Don’tBeTheOne – Reduce your risk!
- Control High Blood Pressure
- Exercise 5 times per week – 20-30mins of moderate exercise
- East a healthy, balanced diet.
- Reduce your cholesterol.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Stop smoking and avoid smoky environments.
- Reduce your alcohol intake – maximum 1-2units per day.
- Speak to your GP about Atrial Fibrillation Screening (over 50s)
- Manage diabetes.
- Manage stress and depression.
Physiotherapists can help you modify your lifestyle and exercise levels as part of a treatment program – ask your #physio what you can do to reduce your risk.
Physiotherapy can help stroke survivors incorporate physical activity recommendations into their daily routine to reduce the risk of another stroke by up to 35%!
Act FAST! Every minute counts…
Do you know the signs of a stroke?
Knowing the signs and symptoms and acting FAST can improve the chances of survival and reduce the level of
disability that results from a stroke.
The faster you act the more of the person you can save.
Call 999 immediately if you notice any single one of theses signs:
Bevan Wilson’s team of Chartered Physiotherapists are proud to support #WorldStrokeDay and champion both risk-reduction and also comprehensive rehabilitation after an injury or life-changing medical event, such as a stroke. Call us today to see how our specialist Chartered Physiotherapists can help you or your family member – 01483 424505